Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Monday, October 4, 2010

My Craft Corner

There was a time when all chaos broke lose in my sewing area. It looked like this:
Project Central aka MstrBr
The curtain hadn’t been hemmed. Piles everywhere, and actually little room for sewing anything. I was just happy to have “my area” for it all. Better than the kitchen table.
But with our house for sale, I had a lot of clean up to do. Now I can get back to orderly crafting? Is there such a thing?
100_2559

But messes are an occupational hazard.

Here is my current fabric storage option:
100_2657
It’s a baby changing table/shelf and laundry baskets. Creative, I know. Well, turns out others have used this idea, but I’m pretty happy with myself that I figured it out on my own. :)
I have also used a metal rack shelf behind my door to hold rolls of fabric. That worked okay for awhile. But this and bins under my bed are my best solution thus far.
MBR
SHARE A COMMENT ON MY STORAGE OR TELL US HOW YOU STORE YOUR FABRICS!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails