Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Faith in Embroidery

A blog friend at Waltzing Matilda drew up some fabulous designs for her “Saints ‘n Stitches.” Simple designs of saints for children or adults to embroider. I chose them for my daughter’s 8th birthday party activity – and it was fun for all. It’s actually quite therapeutic and addicting!



  St Elizabeth of Hungary 100_2384
Saint Elizabeth of Hungary – as embroidered on a dish towel by Melissa

saint anne

Saint Anne with Mary stitched by Melissa with apron and bowl for a kitchen dishtowel.

I drew more saints that went with the girl’s names. Here they are FREE for your personal use only.
Please do not sell items made from these patterns.


saint katherine drexelsaint emily


I had help with the stitch types from this book
by Jenny Hart: Sublime Stitching - Embroidered Effects


I would like to check out this book by Amy Ray: Doodle Stiching


Please comment about your experience embroidering, if you have some good resources or free pattern links!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails