Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Our Garden Plans - Watercolor

It's been rather rare for me to get on and create a post for any of my blogs lately. I've been reduced to quick posts on Facebook and maybe a little something on Pinterest. So I'm here with just a smidgen of a moment to share a watercolor painting I multi-purposed yesterday. It is a layout plan for this year's attempt at a garden. I've already made some changes in my mind, but it was too pretty to trash the drawing.

In addition to the multi-tasking of being artsy and planning my garden, it was accompanied by my sitting at the table helping 3 of our children with their school work. I homeschool, so this was no easy task. I'm simply astounded that I created this without a single spill or mishap. I truly believe you get the bad days (like I had the day before) so you can appreciate the good days!


 Our Work in Progress Garden
 

Over the next few years I'm hoping to embrace my family's creativity and fill our walls with our framed artwork instead of that of strangers. I'm very surprised I didn't do this earlier. Of course, we've always had fridge art. But in 14 years, it wasn't until this year I decided I'd be okay with the kids taping their favorite drawings on their bedroom walls. I guess I am a little OCD about visual conformity. I have 7 kids, it's time I get over that!

Happy carefree, family chaos filled, multi-purposed, mommy time crafting!
Melissa

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails