Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Friday, December 7, 2012

My First Boutique Sale

dscn1059

After a week of excessive sewing, I loaded up the van for my first craft sale. It was at our church, and fees went to the CCW which benefits the church. So I felt that it was no loss if I didn't sell anything. That way I just had fun meeting everyone, talking about babies and sharing my talent with others.

 

dscn1053

The event helped me take a good look at my logo, my prices, and other business stuff. I offered a drawing from a stocking to get 5, 15 or 20% OFF their purchase with a code to use it online later.

dscn1057dscn1054

I sold the camouflage cozy car seat canopy, the starry night valance and a pocket friends kit. I also received interest from the parish to enlist me to make Quiet in the Pew mass kits for children to grab as they come to church. I sold enough to pay for my booth and lunch - so you could say I broke even.

dscn1055dscn1056

My daughter came along, but only lasted one of four hours before becoming bored. Lots of old ladies with no intent to buy for mommies or babies in their family. But that week she learned a bit about business, profit margins, crafting and more. She took her $3 profit and ran with it! My husband and I made the switch and our littlest guy grabbed smiles for me and modeled his car seat canopy.

dscn1058dscn1061

 

The items that did not sell will be available on my Etsy shop very soon! See anything you like and don't want to wait? Email me today     4modestmommies@gmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails