Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Giving Our Christmas Away

OCC_logo

National Collection Week Nov 12-19th!

Our family is giving our Christmas away! We've done this in years past, and wanted to share how we are doing it this year. This week is a huge opportunity for you to pack a shoe box, bring a smile to a child somewhere across the world, and bring them the message that Jesus is the greatest gift! Consider spending some or all of your gift money towards gifts for a needy child or family. Whether you support Operation Christmas Child (Samaritan's Purse) or take a name of your church's giving tree - just make the effort to GIVE! The blessings to a giving heart bring more joy than any present under your tree.

Veggie Tales pack a shoe box:

Kids Can Make A Difference video

How to pack a box: Click Here

dscn0930

"All About Me" coloring pages to include in the box:

http://www.samaritanspurse.org/images/occ_art/ColoringPages.pdf

OCC About Me LetterOCC About Me Letter

Don't forget a personal letter & picture from you, and the label!

GirlBoy_Label

dscn0919dscn0918

 

Drop off boxes at a local drop off center. Locations listed on the website.

"Give this Christmas Away" Music Video

 

Please comment on ModestMommies.blogspot.com how you are giving this Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails