Welcome to My Modest Blog!

I've always been a crafty person. I love the visual arts and just like to create things. I tend to stare at each item in awe when it is complete... thinking "I made this!?" Call me a hopeless romantic, but the old days had it right in many ways, including traditional homemaking. I've been hobby sewing and crafting since I was a little girl. But in recent years, I found it necessary to sew clothes for my girls to keep them modestly dressed. While nursing my babies, I began making nursing covers for myself and friends. I've also done furniture restoration, crocheting, baking, painting/drawing, photography and more. Enjoying these feminine crafts and other projects has made me want to share my ideas and talents.

I hope to provide you with great ideas and quality products that will "keep you covered!" Some items will be available at an Etsy Shop. Also enjoy my tips and examples on this blog!

Friday, April 20, 2012

Wednesday Worries: What to sew?


I bought 2.5 yards of this lovely fabric yesterday.
Master Bdrm 2012

For our Master Bedroom and Bath with shabby chic/cottage style decor.
Master Bdrm 2012
*Note: Bassinet is about to go.
Master Bdrm 2012
*Note: The chair was moved to our Living Room in July, so "that's out of the picture." But that leaves a big space for something!?

Master Bdrm 2012

I could sew a few throw pillows of course. I already have curtains I like. Not sure I could manage a proper duvet from this small piece. I just want this fabric in this room, and not just laying over the chair!

So what else could I do with it!?
> Tell me, and if I like your idea I'll sew something special just for you too!

When I get a winning idea, I'll post a tribute to you and we'll talk about the prize! So be sure I get your email address or something to contact you with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that fabric! It would make a really cute chair seat fabric but I see you already have a chair in there...what about something for the bassinet?

Anonymous said...

a valance for the window maybe?

Related Posts with Thumbnails